Wednesday 19 November 2014

Buh Bye CanaDuhhh


A defining moment for me would be a point in your life when you make a very important decision or had an experience that changed you in some sort of way. My defining moment is when I had the chance to move to Jamaica and live with my father and also have a new start at a different high school. I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time with my father ever since my parents got divorced, so when I heard that my mother and step-father were going to Jamaica for a bit, I thought it would be a good idea if I came but instead lived there, they both agreed and from then on I lived with my father. Living with my father was a very different experience for me, a lot different than living with my mother, they both had very different ways of taking care of me. My father was a more fun but strict parent, but my mother is more fun and relaxed. Another experience I had with moving to Jamaica was adapting to a new school. What I learned from that was going to a private Christian school is a lot different then my school in Canada. I wasn't use to most of their routines like, uniforms, having to pray at the beginning and end of the day, random bag checks, having to keep your fingernails short, and it was a VEGETARIAN school… strictly NO meat. Not only was this a big change for me but it also showed me that being a new kid at school isn't as hard as I thought it would, because I made friends really easily. Before this move I thought I wasn't capable of a big change or meeting new people, but from this experience it showed me that I am and I really enjoyed it, it also gave me and my father a chance to connect, because we don’t get to see each other often.  


                       

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I think this would be a great experience to move to a different country, you'd gain so much knowledge and experience, its even a bonus it brought you closer with your dad! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, I'm glad you were able to have this opportunity. Do you see yourself ever moving back to Jamaica?

    ReplyDelete