Wednesday 19 November 2014

SEEING THE WORLD.

What was a defining moment in my life?
 

A defining moment in my life was when I traveled to Hungary in 2012 to visit my sister while she was doing a semester of school there through Western University. I traveled with my mum, and sisters boyfriend. This was defining to my life because travelling to another country and not staying in a resort like I usually do when I travel helped to open my eyes up to how amazing the world really is and how there's so much more of it to see. I think this because anytime I have traveled, I have usually visited a resort in Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican, etc but with going to one of those places and staying all inclusive you don’t get to experience the country’s real culture. They all have the same foods you eat when you’re at home, the employees speak English, and its luxurious. Don’t get me wrong, it is relaxing and enjoyable but travelling to Hungary was different. I think this because you almost have no choice but to experience the culture, you have to eat their food (try new things), you see such neat things like incredible views, monuments, and buildings, etc. This defined me because it helped me to realize how much more there is too life than just ‘things’, travelling and seeing the world is worth so much more than buying a new piece of clothing or food, and so on. Overall, I believe travelling to another country and exploring it for yourself has helped me to realize the best things in life aren't things.

 

                                        







4 comments:

  1. i agree with your point i would way rather travel to a different place and experience that other than getting something bough fo you that wont last all your life, the memmories will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to travel to places like Hungary, it is a very different view point on life, looks like a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just a great opportunity for you (and for Shelby). Do you think that you'll also try to do a semester abroad in university? What places are on your "I MUST VISIT" list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your point and loved how passionate you sounded about this topic. There really is more to life than just things, and life itself is something everyone should cherish. Great job!

    ReplyDelete