Tuesday 18 November 2014

My Defining Moment

Turn It Out

There have been so many moments in my life where things have changed who I am today, but I believe that the most important one of those moments is when I made it to nationals in my dancing. I've been doing competition dance for almost 4 years now and when I started I was beyond nervous. I had never danced in front of a crowd that big before and when I saw these dancers go up and dance like they weren't even being watched it made me relies that it shouldn't matter who's watching me as long as I'm doing the thing I love the most. The whole experience for these 4 years has taken me so far, my dance has improved so much and it's taught me that it's okay to push yourself out side your comfort zone, to work for what you want and you will get there. Ever since I was little I've wanted to be in the National Ballet and be up on stage with all the worlds greatest ballet dancers, when I got older reality hit me and I found out that I would probably never make it. After that realization I've never given up I joined the comp classes and extra hour private classes to help me gain the knowledge and training I need to get there. I've never been so admit about doing something in my life. It's my escape from life and it's what I do when I'm in deep thought about something or can't figure something out and need to get my mind off things. That is why I believe that making it to Nationals last year was my defining moment is because it taught me never give up push yourself and work for what you want and you will get. Dance is my life. 

2 comments:

  1. As a dancer myself, I can totally relate to dance being an escape. Also, as a way of expression. Nothing is better than taking out any frustrations through a productive class. Congratulations on making Nationals, you earned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love seeing a student's passion and successes outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete